Steps to start any line!
- Determine if you want to first start a haircare line, skincare line or a bodycare line - A haircare line will have products in it just for hair. A skincare will have products in it just for the skin but you need to define which skin TYPE you will start with first. Lastly, a bodycare line will have products in that line specifically for the body. Provided below are some examples of products to consider for each of the lines mentioned.
SKIN TYPE PRODUCTS FOR YOUR LINE Normal - Delicate
Green tea, Argan, Aloe Vera
Cleanser, moisturizer, night cream, serum, eye creams
Acne - Oily
Tea Tree or Charcoal LIne
Tea Tree - Cleanser, Toner, Mask, Bump Fighter, Gel moisturizer or Tea Tree & Vitamin C Moisturizer
Charcoal Line -
Cleanser, Toner, Mask, Bump Fighter, Moisturizer
Mature - Dry
Select your products from these lines: Vitamin C, C-Care, Retinol, Argan lines
Products - Cleanser, moisturizer, night cream, serum, eye creams
- After you decide which line you want to start select from the line designated for the appropriate skincare products.
- Haircare - We have a wide variety of products within our lines. Listed below are lines that are complete with companion products that sell well and are our tried & true best sellers.
Products in line
Hair A Do - & Loc Care
Rosemary & Mint
Line benefits: Rosemary strengthens hair and encourages growth while the mint in this formula stimulate the scalp for growth as well. We added a fresh citrus scent that customer love to make this line shine.
You may opt to buy these product unscented so that you may add your own fragrance. Products
Shampoo, conditioner, growth oil, growth balm, leave in hydrating hair mist, leave in hair moisturizers, hair mask, deep conditioner,
Black Castor Seed Oil
Line Benefits: Black Castor Oil has along reputation of growing hair by delivering oxygen to cells. It deeply naturally conditions hair and strengthens dry hair. The scent that customers love in this line is a delicious Mango. You may opt to buy these product unscented so that you may add your own fragrance.
Shampoo, conditioner, growth oil, growth balm, leave in hydrating hair mist, leave in hair moisturizers, hair mask, deep conditioner
Complimentary products for any line
Hair pudding, hair , hair mists, growth balms, growth oils hair mask
After you have decided which category to develop your line from then the fun part begins. Here are some simple steps to follow to actually get up and running.
- Name your business - Call your local state office or check online for starting a business in your state and call them for instructions for your state. Each state has different guidelines. After you have come up with a name be sure to check for your URL (web name) that you would like to use to sell your products on line. Use a company like www.godaddy.com to search and purchase your desired name. Park it and do the next step first then come back and finalize your domain purchase once it is available for trademark.
- Next check to make sure that someone has not already trademarked the name you would like here: https://www.uspto.gov/trademark/li>
- Once you are sure that no one has trademarked that name you may want to register it so that you can create your brand with no worries.
- Now you can have some fun and create your LOGO
- Design your product labels
- Marketing - Find customers who are looking for your kind of products that you are branding. A good way to do this for free is by using FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM AND YOUTUBE. Begin talking about what you are doing to gain interest. Do it again, and again.....This is a basic start but don't forget to read. Read books on branding and website development. Ask questions.
I hope this simple tips will help you get going without worry.